Thursday, January 7, 2010

BracketMan ready for sale!

As I'm sure you know, I have a few iPhone Apps on the App Store. Last week, I released new versions of a few of those apps, and to my surprise, Apple found a bug in two of them (doesn't surprise me that it was two, as they are largely the same code base). The bug was kind of obscure, and gave me a good case to go look for a crash I'd seen in the field. In fact, this bug was the reason I posted about debugging with crash logs a couple days ago. Well, the bug was easy to fix, but I knew I would go on the back of the queue after resubmitting a binary, which I figured meant another 2 week delay in getting the apps out the door. To my Surprise, yesterday, I got an email from Apple saying Bracket Man and Bracket Man Pro was ready for sale! This is exciting news, as just a month ago, it took over 3 weeks to get an iPhone App approved and up for sale on the App Store. I had reason to believe things would get worse after Christmas, as Apple announced they would shut down iTunes Connect for several days (meaning nobody could submit apps) during that time. Apparently, they used that time to catch up, because the times have become much shorter since the new year.
The big new and exciting feature in these two apps right now are shake to shuffle in both apps, and admob ads to support the Bracket Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment