Monday, October 26, 2009

Interesting thing about iPhone apps

Today, I started looking at some of my older download reports from Apple. The number of people who have downloaded my free Bracket Man from the app store is amazing. Just a quick estimate would put the number at somewhere around 2,000 or so, since July, with NO advertising at all. However, that success hasn't translated into sales of Bracket Man Pro. I'm not sure exactly why this is yet, but I've started looking into this more. Looking at my server logs, I'm getting hits on my website for the pro version, looks like about 5 a day or so. However, This doesn't seem to be translating into sales. I'm also ranked top 5 on Google when searching for an iPhone Bracket Manager. So, now, the problem can't be Search Engine Optimization, since I'm ranked so highly (well, I suppose it could be, based on keywords used), but I suspect it's more on the look and feel of that website. So, over the next few days, I'm going to start looking at ways to tweak the website, perhaps adding a blog to it, and news to keep potential buyers up to date with what's keeping me busy on the bracket manager. I also intend to use this blog, and perhaps one on my iPhone homepage to announce new iPhone products as they go out. Hopefully those two steps will also help increase sales.
On the new apps front, I didn't work on the new "black ops" app too much today. I just had too many other things going on, but tomorrow looks promising that I'll be able to get some stuff done on it. It looks like there's only another week or so left of development on it, but if the bracket managers proved anything with Objective-C and iPhone Apps, at least in my world, that is probably pretty optimistic. I think I still have another 3 or 4 views to write, as well as wire in all the database stuff (Database CRUD code has been completed, but the views don't all write to, or read from the database, yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment